10 January 2011

Are You Ready!?!!?

Ok Well I just have a little something that I would like to type about. Today in one of my Classes we were going over some things- somewhat of a review. As we were doing so I decided to tie my shoe laces. At that very moment when I was doing so I noticed that they teacher looked liked they were going to call on me to help out with something. But upon noticing that I was temporarily doing something else They chose someone else. So this got me think, blending up all of those brain juices. This concept of being ready and prepared. In life there will be opportunities of such small things (or big things) and we can only hope that we are doing what we need to be doing at that time. That When the moment comes we will be able to jump up and do our duty. To tie this spiritually. When the Lord has a special assignment for us, we need to live our lives that we might be clean, righteous and ready to aid in any way we can.
In the Bible there is the story of Samuel. As a boy Samuel grew up in the Temple. For because he was a blessing to his mother she gave him to the Lord, and he thus aided in the Temple. One night as Samuel was sleeping he heard his name called. He then went into the room of his guardian, Eli, and answered "Here I Am," unfortunately Eli was sleeping at the time. Eli then sent him back to bed. This same thing went on three times. The last time Eli Had a feeling that it was the Lord speaking to Samuel. He told Sam that next time that happened, To answer with "Speak for thy servant heareth.' This all happened again. Samuel answered in that manner, and he grew closer to his Heavenly Father. (1 Samuel 3) But the part I will focus on is the fact that Samuel was able to be in the place he was able to be. He stood where he needed to stand. Lucky for him he got four chances.
In our life we need to prepare our Hearts and minds that when our time comes we might be able to reply as Sam, and say "Speak, For thy Servant Heareth."
May we Be ready for that time in which the Lord needs us Most-
Now back to my story, It might not have been a big deal whether they chose me or someone else. But all must know that it would make an even bigger impact if we are not ready to be called on for our special missions here on Earth.
Well that is about all,
Adieu
Me

No comments: